When baking cookies, everyone is faced with the issue of an entire bowl of delicious cookie dough sitting in front of them; but not being allowed to eat it because it has raw eggs. To fix this dilemma, provided below is an egg-free cookie dough recipe just for the purpose of eating raw cookie dough.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- bag of dark or milk chocolate chips
- sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and mix on medium-low until combined
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes until firm.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls, and line up on wax paper.
- Freeze cookie dough for 15 minutes.
- Melt dark or milk chocolate chips in a microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Insert popsicle sticks into cookie dough balls.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and place back on wax paper.
- Immediately after dipping into the chocolate, add the sprinkles to the cookie dough balls.
These cookie dough truffles can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.