We are finally coming out of the dry winter months, and the sun is shining! With the warm weather, now comes the time to give your skin a little sunshine after being deprived for so long. But, no one likes dry and ashy skin, which is so common after winter, so here is a recipe for an easy, do-it-yourself lotion to get you one step closer to that sun-kissed skin.
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, or until completely melted. Stir oils.
- Place the bowl in the fridge, and let it cool for about one hour, or until it starts to turn white and harden.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the mixture for 10 minutes, or until it becomes fluffy.
- Put it back in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
Now you can add essential oils if you want a certain scent, and put your lotion in a container for continued use.
If you are looking for a great gift idea, or you have sensitive skin, or you are just tired of dry skin, give this lotion a try! It is definitely a great natural way to take care of your skin. Try something new, and get ready to enjoy your soon-to-be luxurious skin!