The life of a high schooler is jam packed with homework, sports, friends, family, and other activities that make it almost impossible to have any free time. As high schoolers, we are also usually consumed by thoughts of food, but who has time to make any sort of serious snack? And eventually we all burn a hole in those pockets that used to be full of cash, leaving us hungry and stuck with the stale cereal in the pantry. Even the fastest recipes can sometimes be more involved that we are lead to believe, but here is a recipe for some delicious and healthy banana oat energy bites that will hopefully provide a viable alternative to your snack crisis.
What you will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (or any other kind of nut butter)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl
- Stir in the rolled oats, nut butter, honey, chocolate chips and cinnamon
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a small ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until hardened
- Store in refrigerator and enjoy!