In a way the holidays revolve around candy like they do with food. On Christmas morning all the kids look in their stockings and some of the first things they pull out is candy. It is the easy thing to provide at a party and it is usually small so it is easy to eat a lot of.
A lot of the time people think of candy as the circular colorful wrapped treat that is hard, but candy is chocolate, its chewy, and it is different coming from foreign countries. Now we all will not be surprised at the top five favorites candies list:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Kit Kat
- Twix bars
This list is not surprising and everyone can all say they have had one of these candies at least once. What many people may not know is the top five candies in Europe:
- Cadbury Dairy Milk-UKs fresh milk chocolate bar
- Nestle Smarties-Englands version of a large M&M
- White Rabbit Creamy Candy-A Chinese white milk condensed tootsie roll
- Daim-This is like the Sweden version of a Heath bar
- Ferrero Kinder Suprise– These are banned from the US (choking hazard) they are chocolates that come with prizes and they are from Germany
Many US citizens have never heard of these candies, let alone tried one, but they are quite similar to what we have here at home. Next time you see one of these candies, try it just to see how good they are!