Well, its that time of year again. We have finally made it to the last few weeks of school. The next few weeks can be tricky. With the warm weather and summer just within reach, it can be hard to motivate and finish strong.
Aside from AP and IB exams, there are final projects and tests to keep in mind, and grades could potentially go up or down.
It is important to stay focused and finish strong. Here is how you can do that:
- Keep organized. If everything has a place, you will not have to worry about missing assignments or lost work.
- Talk to your teachers. Your teachers are there to help, and taking the initiative to talk to your teachers goes a long way. Teachers can help you get your missing work in, figure out where you need to grow and how you can finish up strong.
- Do your homework/studying/projects early. if you get ahead of the game, you won´t feel the stress and pressure the night before they are due.
- Take breaks! Your brain can only handle so much studying at a time. It is important to give your brain a break every now and then. Stand up, walk around, grab a drink of water. Do something to get your body moving and your brain active.
- Put your cell phone away. Phones are a helpful tool, but often times they distract more than they help. It is important to get rid of all distractions so you can dedicate yourself to your work.
- Ask for help. If you are having a hard time, ask for help. Littleton has many peer tutors, teachers and tutoring services available to make sure you understand your work.
It is possible to finish the school year strong, especially if you apply yourself. Summer break will be here soon enough, and you will have plenty of time to relax then. Until then, keep focused and finish strong.