Looking for a delicious, easy meal to make? Love mac-n-cheese but looking for a way to make it even yummier and more advanced?
Try this fantastic recipe* on how to make (insert your name here)’s famous mac-n-cheese!
1 8oz package of elbow macaroni
14 slices of American cheese
1.5-2 cups milk
12 Ritz crackers
Hint of salt
Hint of pepper
Hint of paprika
1 sandwich sized Ziploc plastic bag
- Bring a medium-large sized saucepan full of water to a boil
- Pour in the 8oz package of elbow macaroni
- Cook macaroni until it softens
- Drain water out of the saucepan
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch glass pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Crush up 12 Ritz crackers in a ziploc plastic bag
- Add a hint of salt, pepper, and paprika to the crushed up crackers (close bag securely and shake to mix spices)
- Pour ⅓ of the cooked macaroni into the glass pan
- Evenly spread 5 pieces of American cheese on top of the macaroni in the glass pan
- Pour ½ – ⅔ cups milk onto the cheese and macaroni in the glass pan
- Repeat steps 9-11 two more times, only using 4 slices of cheese on the middle layer of macaroni
- Evenly pour the crushed Ritz cracker mix on top of the top layer of macaroni
- Place glass pan in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the cheese bubbles
Enjoy your wonderful macaroni and cheese!
Note: I recommend serving with a loaf of warm french bread and freshly cooked corn on the cob (with butter of course)!
Allergy Note: To make this dish gluten free, simply use gluten free pasta and gluten free crackers (for crushed topping).
*This recipe was modified from its original form inside of the “Ratatouille: What’s Cooking? A Cookbook for Kids”.