If you’re like me, you probably rush out the door in the morning, forgetting to eat breakfast. Here’s a chocolate croissant recipe for when you just want something delicious you can grab and go.
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- about 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- butter optional
- Heat oven to 350F degrees
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Separate the crescent dough into 8 triangles (most rolls will have lines to cut along)
- Place about 1 Tablespoon (more or less, whatever you think) of chocolate chips on the triangle with the most on the wider side.
- Roll up the dough, starting from wide end to the point of the triangle. Curve the dough to make a moon shape.
- If you want, rub some melted butter on the top so they look golden brown.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet- spread them so they won’t touch.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, depending on how patient you are. I waited about a minute and didn’t burn myself too bad.
- If you are feeling fancy, you can drizzle some melted chocolate chips on top. Or, if that doesn’t work, put it on top in any way.
I also found that if you are too impatient to wait for chocolate chips to melt, Nutella also works great to spread on top!
The great thing about this recipe is that there is really only one way to screw up: dropping them. Unfortunately, I found that out the hard way.